GET TO KNOW THE FOUNDATION
Due to the fact that we have come up against a few obstacles in attempting to develop our social projects, especially in regards to fundraising, the church leadership decided to start the Cidade Viva Foundation, who are responsible for taking care of all the social work at the Cidade Viva, in partnership with the church and other institutions who are working towards the same goals.
On 1st July 2008, the Cidade Viva Foundation was recognized as being of Municipal Public Utility, according to Law 11.491/08, from the Municipal Council for Social Services of João Pessoa, under number 134/08, also recognized under law 618/2010 in Conde-PB, of Public State Utility according to Law 9.313/2010. And finally also recognized as Public Federal Utility according to Law 08071.003988/2012 on 26th September 2013.
The Cidade Viva Foundation aims to promote human dignity and the preservation of the environment through actions geared towards developing their full potential.
MAIN FOCUS AREAS
With a view to achieve their overall goal, the Cidade Viva Foundation focuses on 7 different areas that represent their specific aims. They are the following:
1. EDUCATION, SPORTS AND CULTURE
- To promote educational assistance, by stimulating and encouraging the full use of their rights as citizens and the also technical scientific development;
- To develop free activities geared towards literacy for adults;
- To stimulate and promote sport activities through sports events, workshops, theatrical plays, exhibitions, music lessons and other activities geared towards achieving their goals;
- Promote education, culture and the other goals of the Foundation through permissions or licenses from radio or television, from the use of the internet, from newspapers and others newsletters.
- To promote free programs for physical and emotional health;
- To promote and guarantee food and nutritional advice;
- To act in the recovery and resocialization of drug addicts and those suffering from co-dependency.
3. SUPPORTING THE FAMILY
- To protect the family, to protect pregnant mothers, infants, teenagers and adults;
- To encourage and act in favor of supporting needy children and teenagers;
- To promote the inclusion of people with special needs in the community life;
- To help and provide assistance for those who are receiving benefits from the Foundation, as also act in the defense and guarantee of their rights through campaigns to raise awareness of the needs.
4. GENERATING WORK AND REVENUE
- To promote economical and social development in order to combat poverty;
- To experiment with new social productive models and alternative production, commerce, work and credit systems;
- To assist people as they seek work, more specifically people who are helped by the projects developed by the Cidade Viva Foundation;
- To develop studies and projects geared towards solutions for social problems through social economics;
- To offer professional technical training and entreneneurship for young people and adults;
- To offer professional technical training for apprentices between the ages of 14-24, also offering the contract for their apprenticeship;
- To promote their insertion into the work place.
5. CHRISTIAN VALUES
- To disseminate cultural and religious activities through research, conferences, seminars, courses, training, editing publications, videos, data processing and technical assistance within the educational and social cultural fields;
- To market publications, cd’s, dvd’s, videos, t-shirts, stickers, publicity material for the promotion of the Foundation and other non-profit entities, as long as the sale results are totally reverted to the running of these organizations.
- To defend and protect the environment and natural resources, preserving important ecological areas, preserving biodiversity and encouraging the creation of conservation units, promoting sustainable development;
- Promoting environmental education and ecological conscience.
7. ETHICS, RIGHTS AND CITIZENSHIP
- To promote the established individual and collective rights, the creation of new rights and free advisory services for additional subjects;
- To promote ethics, peace, citizenship, human rights, democracy and other universal values;
- To encourage partnerships, local dialogues and solidarity between the different social segments, participating in other activities to achieve our aim and our mutual goals;
- To promote the reduction of lawsuit through the management of mediation and compromise of disputes.